THE JEEP® EASTER EGG CONTEST
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. MAKING A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. THIS CONTEST IS INTENDED FOR PLAY IN THE UNITED STATES ONLY AND WILL BE GOVERNED BY U.S. LAW. DO NOT ENTER IF YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE AND LOCATED IN THE UNITED STATES AT THE TIME OF ENTRY.
ALL DISPUTES WILL BE RESOLVED SOLELY BY BINDING ARBITRATION AND ENTRANTS WAIVE THE ABILITY TO BRING CLAIMS IN A CLASS ACTION FORMAT.
- CONTEST ENTRY PERIOD: The Jeep Easter Egg Contest (the “Contest”) begins at 09:00:00 AM Eastern Time (“ET”) on Thursday, June 18, 2020 and ends at 11:59:59 PM ET on Thursday, July 2, 2020 (the “Contest Period”).
- ELIGIBILITY: The Contest is open to legal residents of the 50 United States, including the District of Columbia, who are age 18 or older and at least the age of majority in his/her state of primary residence at the time of entry. Void in Puerto Rico, Guam, the U.S. Virgin Islands, outside the U.S., and wherever else prohibited by law. Employees of FCA US LLC (the "Sponsor"), Highdive Advertising, SGC Consulting, US Sweepstakes & Fulfillment Company (the “Contest Administrator”) and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, and the immediate family members (spouses, parents, children, and siblings and their spouses) of, and/or those living in the same household of each, are not eligible to enter. Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.
Limit: One (1) Entry per person regardless of whether entrant has more than one email address. All Entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned.
- ENTRY REQUIREMENTS & CONDITIONS: All Contest Entries must comply with the following minimum guidelines to be eligible:
- Essay must be 150 words or less.
- Idea must describe in a clear and actionable manner the Jeep Easter Egg design idea.
- Idea must not be the same or similar, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, to a prior Jeep Easter Egg.
- Idea must be within the Jeep Brand spirit.
- Entry must be in English.
- Entry and Idea cannot contain content that is irrelevant to the purpose of the Contest.
- Once an Idea has been submitted, it cannot be modified or deleted by entrant.
- Each submitted Idea must be entirely the original work of the entrant (not copied, adapted, or reproduced from any other source and not a collaboration with any other person) and must not contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, including copyright infringement, or legal or moral rights of any third party, living or deceased (e.g.: names, logos, symbols, photos, images, slogans, submissions that belong to others, Entries of other people, quotes from other people, or parodies of other people).
- Entry and Idea cannot defame, misrepresent or contain disparaging remarks about Sponsor, Contest Administrator, people, brands, products or companies.
- Entry and Idea cannot communicate messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill to which Sponsor wishes to associate.
- Idea cannot have been submitted previously in a promotion of any kind or won any previous awards.
- Idea must not include personally identifiable information.
- Sponsor discourages use of any logos, brand, trademarks or other intellectual property other than Sponsor’s. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any Entry, if Sponsor believes, in its sole and absolute discretion, that there is any inappropriate use of a logo, brand name, trademark or other intellectual property;
- Idea must not contain, facilitate, reference, or use material that is dangerous, fraudulent, inappropriate, indecent, lewd, pornographic, obscene, hateful, tortious, defamatory, slanderous or libelous.
- Idea must not contain, facilitate, reference or use material that contains prohibited content which shall include, but is not limited to content that promotes, suggests, or encourages:
- any cruelty to, or mistreatment in any way of animals;
- gambling, including without limitation, any content related to online casinos, sports books, bingo or poker;
- the use of firearms/weapons/ammunition, any illegal drugs, prostitution, pornography, nudity, profanity or other adult content, violence, or the use of alcohol or tobacco products.
- the taking up of arms against any person, government or entity or otherwise challenge or seek to overthrow any government.
- Entry must not contain any viruses, spyware, malware, or other malicious components that are designed to harm the functionality of a computer in any way.
- Idea must not contain, facilitate, reference, or use material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, ethnicity, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, political orientation, citizenship, ancestry, marital status, or age.
- Idea must not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations in any jurisdiction where Entry is created or otherwise promotes any unlawful, illegal, unsafe, dangerous or reckless behavior.
Entrants who do not follow all of these instructions, provide the required information in their submission, or abide by these Official Rules or other instructions of Sponsor may be disqualified.
- PRIZE/APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE (“ARV”):
Grand Prize: There is one (1) grand prize available to be won. The “Grand Prize” includes:
- Winner’s Idea or expression of the winning Idea being included on a future Jeep Brand vehicle the timing and manner of which will be in Sponsor’s sole discretion; and
- One (1) 2020 or 2021 (in Sponsor’s sole discretion) Jeep Brand vehicle with options and accessories available for the selected vehicle of winner’s choice (subject to availability) up to a total maximum retail value (including the vehicle) of $50,000 (the “Vehicle”). The ARV of the Grand Prize: $50,000. Winner may be required to take delivery of Vehicle from a dealership designated by the Sponsor. Allow 120 days for delivery of Vehicle after notification. Delivery will not take place earlier than July 7, 2020. Sponsor shall attempt to select a dealership that is close to Grand Prize winner’s primary residence. Any cost of Vehicle upgrades and/or options over the stated maximum value are at the sole expense of the winner. Should the value of the Vehicle be less than $50,000 as selected by the winner, the monetary value difference will not be provided to the winner. If the winner chooses not to accept the Prize as stated, there is not a cash option alternative. Color, package, factory options, accessories, and other prize specifics are subject to availability. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to require the winner to select the Vehicle from available dealer stock. Winner shall bear all risk of loss or damage to the Vehicle after it has been delivered to the specified delivery site, if applicable. Winner will be responsible for any and all costs associated with the collection and use of the Vehicle, including but not limited to freight and dealer prep, title, license, insurance, registration fees, applicable taxes and any travel and transportation costs associated with collecting the Vehicle. All other costs not specifically stated herein are the responsibility of the winner. Winner must personally retrieve the Vehicle within 30 days of written notification of prize delivery which will be after July 7, 2020. Winner must have proof of a valid U.S. driver’s license from his or her State or place of residence in the United States and proof of insurance to take delivery of Vehicle; noncompliance may result in forfeiture of prize. Sponsor reserves the right to delay Vehicle delivery or substitute a similar vehicle of equal or greater value should the vehicle selected be unavailable for any reason.
The total ARV of all prizes available to be won: $50,000.
- JUDGING AND WINNER DETERMINATION: All eligible Entries received during the Contest Period will be judged by a panel appointed by the Sponsor, who shall use the criteria set forth below:
- Creativity: Entry presents the idea for the Easter Egg icon in a creative, effective and compelling manner (25%);
- Jeep Brand Power: Entry is in line with the Jeep Brand Spirit and is worthy of inclusion in the rare library of Jeep Easter Eggs used in Jeep vehicles since 1941 (25%);
- Quality/Actionable: Entry clearly expresses the idea for the Easter Egg icon in a clear and easily understood manner that is actionable by the Sponsor for potential future use on a vehicle. Entry shows clarity of the thought process (25%);
- Originality/Authenticity: Entry portrays a unique Easter Egg idea that is clearly the entrant’s own idea and does not build upon any other idea or expression. Entry has a distinct conceptualization (25%).
The twenty-five (25) Entries that receive the highest total scores based on the above judging criteria will each be deemed a potential finalist (each, a “Finalist”). Each Finalist’s Entry will then be judged by separate panel of judges appointed by Sponsor (the “Finalist Judging”) using the same criteria. The Finalist Entry that receives the highest total score in the Finalist Judging based on the Judging Criteria will be deemed the potential Grand Prize winner. In the unlikely event of a tie in determining a Finalist or the Grand Prize winner, the tied Entry with the highest score in Criterion A, Creativity from the respective round of judging, will be deemed the potential Finalist/winner, as applicable. If additional tie breakers are needed, the tie-breaking mechanism above will be used; however, instead of the highest score in Criterion A determining the potential Finalist/winner from among the tied Entries, the highest scores in each of Criteria B through D, in sequence (to the extent needed) will determine the potential Finalist/winner. In the event additional tiebreakers are needed, all tied Entries will be judged by a separate panel of judges using the judging criteria above.
- WINNER NOTIFICATION & VERIFICATION: Potential Grand Prize winner will be notified via email, home delivery and/or phone on or around July 27, 2020, and will be subject to verification. Potential Grand Prize winner will be required to sign and return, within 72 hours of notification, an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Waiver, an IRS W-9 Form and where allowable, a Publicity Release (collectively, the "Releases"). These Releases will require the Grand Prize winner to furnish his/her Social Security Number for the sole purpose of tax reporting, as required by law. Noncompliance will result in disqualification and an alternate winner may be selected. Sponsor is not responsible for any change of email address, mailing address and/or telephone number of participants.
The Grand Prize winner may also be required to submit to a background check to confirm eligibility and help ensure that the use of any such person in advertising or publicity for the Contest will not bring Sponsor into public disrepute, contempt, scandal or ridicule or reflect unfavorably on the Contest or Sponsor, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify a potential winner on the basis of the findings resulting from such background check or if a potential winner fails to properly authorize and/or provide the required information in connection with such background check.
If a prize notification or prize is returned as undeliverable, or if winner is found to be ineligible or not in compliance with these rules that winner will be disqualified, and the entrant with the next highest Judging Score will be deemed the potential winner. If Sponsor is unable to determine and verify a potential winner after repeated alternate attempts or if Sponsor fails to receive a sufficient number of Entries to correspond to the number of prizes available to be awarded, Sponsor reserves the right to not award such prize(s).
- PRIZE CONDITIONS: Prize is not redeemable for cash, assignable, transferable and may not be substituted except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value at its discretion. Any other incidental expenses on prize not specified herein are the winner’s sole responsibility.
SPONSOR SHALL HAVE NO LIABILITY FOR ANY PERSONAL INJURIES, DEATH, PROPERTY DAMAGE, OR OTHER DAMAGES OR EXPENSES RESULTING FROM OR ARISING OUT OF ANY ASPECT OF GRAND PRIZE WINNER’S ACCEPTANCE OR USE OF THE PRIZE.
Winner is responsible for all federal, state, local and income taxes associated with winning prize. Grand Prize winner will be required to furnish his/her Social Security Number for the sole purpose of preparation of tax forms as required by law. Except where prohibited by law, entry and acceptance of prize constitute permission to use winner's name, prize won, hometown, likeness, video tape, photographs, and statements for purposes of advertising, promotion and publicity (including online posting) in any and all media now or hereafter known throughout the world in perpetuity, without additional compensation, notification or permission.
Prizes are awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied by Sponsor. Winners acknowledge that the Sponsor and all other businesses affiliated with this Contest and their agents do not make, nor are in any manner responsible for any warranty, representations, expressed or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the quality, conditions, fitness or merchantability of any aspect of the prize being offered, except that each merchandise prize shall be subject to its manufacturer’s standard warranty (if any). Once the prize has been delivered to the winner’s provided address, the prize is considered awarded.
- GENERAL: Although subsequent attempts to enter may be received, only the first complete Entry received from a particular entrant will be eligible; subsequent attempts by the same person to enter, including Entries submitted with an alternate email address, will be disqualified.
By submitting an Entry, the entrant understands and grants to the Sponsor an irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive worldwide license to use entrant’s Idea, Entry, any materials, photographs, or videos submitted with his/her Entry, name, hometown and likeness in any and all media and for any reason in perpetuity, including on the Sponsor’s various websites and social media sites and in advertising and/or promotional activities worldwide without compensation, permission, or notification. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to alter, change, modify, or not to use, in whole or in part, any Entry, which includes the Idea.
By submitting an Entry, entrant warrants and represents that: (a) Entry does not infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, rights of privacy, publicity or other intellectual property or other legal or moral rights of any person or entity; (b) entrant owns all rights to the Entry, including without limitation, copyrights; and (c) entrant will indemnify and hold harmless the Sponsor, Administrator and related entities, agents and assigns from any claims and damages (including reasonable attorneys' fees) arising from or relating to the breach or alleged breach of your representations and warranties herein, the Entry, or entrant’s conduct in creating the Entry.
Participating entrants agree to these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and the Contest Administrator, and release the Sponsor, the Contest Administrator, Highdive Advertising, SGC Consulting and their affiliated companies, and all other businesses involved in this Contest, as well as the employees, officers, directors and agents of each (the “Released Parties”), from all claims and liability relating to their participation in the promotion, and the acceptance and use/misuse of the prize offered. Participating entrants assume all liability for and Released Parties shall be held harmless against any liability for any injury, losses or damages of any kind to persons, including personal injury or death, or injury to property caused or claimed to be caused in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, by participation in this Contest, acceptance, possession, or use/misuse of the prize, or any claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy, or merchandise delivery. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the Contest or in the announcement of the prize.
In the event of a dispute over the identity of an entrant, Entry will be deemed submitted by the "Authorized Account Holder" of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry. Authorized Account Holder means the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Sponsor may ask any entrant or potential winner to provide Sponsor with proof, to Sponsor’s satisfaction, that such party is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the Entry. Entry materials/data that have been tampered with or altered, or mass entries or entries generated by a script, macro or use of automated devices are void. The Released Parties are not responsible for: (i) lost, late, misdirected, damaged or illegible entries; or (ii) error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials, or for technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware or software malfunctions of any kind, or inaccurate transmission of or failure to receive entry information by Sponsor on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site or any combination thereof; or (iii) any injury or damage to entrant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participating in the Contest. By participating in the Contest, you (i) agree to be bound by these Official Rules, including all eligibility requirements, and (ii) agree to be bound by the decisions of Sponsor and the Contest Administrator, which are final and binding in all matters relating to the Contest. Failure to comply with these Official Rules may result in disqualification from the Contest.
Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, as determined by Sponsor. If, for any reason, the Contest cannot be run as planned, Sponsor may disqualify any suspect entries or individuals from the Contest and any contest it sponsors and (a) suspend the Contest and modify the Contest to address the impairment, then resume the Contest in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; and/or (b) award the prize from among the eligible, non-suspect entries received up to the time of the impairment.
THE RELEASED PARTIES ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE IF THIS CONTEST CANNOT BE ADMINISTERED OR CONDUCTED OR ANY PRIZE CANNOT BE AWARDED DUE TO CANCELLATIONS, DELAYS, OR INTERRUPTIONS RESULTING OR ARISING FROM ACTS OF GOD, WAR, OR TERROROISM, CIVIL UNREST, STRIKES, SUPPLY SHORTAGES, NATURAL DISASTERS, WEATHER, EPIDEMICS, COMPLIANCE WITH ANY LAW OR ORDER OF A GOVERNMENTAL AUTHORITY, OR ANY OTHER SIMILAR ACT, EVENT, OR OCCURRENCE BEYOND THE REASONABLE CONTROL OF THE SPONSOR. BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS CONTEST, PARTICIPANT AGREES THAT THE RELEASED PARTIES WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY INJURIES, DAMAGES, OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES TO PERSONS, INCLUDING DEATH, OR TO PROPERTY ARISING OUT OF ACCESS TO AND USE OF ANY WEBSITE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS CONTEST OR THE DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM SUCH SITE, AS APPLICABLE. FURTHER, SPONSOR SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY CANCELLATIONS, DELAYS, DIVERSIONS, CHANGES IN SERVICE OR ACCOMODATIONS OR SUBSTITUTIONS, OR FOR ANY ACTS OR OMISSIONS BY ANY THIRD PARTIES BEYOND ITS REASONABLE CONTROL, INCLUDING AIR CARRIER(S) AND OTHER TRANSPORTATION COMPANIES; LODGING, RESTAURANT OR OTHER HOSPITALITY PROVIDERS; ENTERTAINMENT PROVIDERS, VENUES OR ARTISTS; OR OTHER THIRD PARTY PROVIDERS SUPPLYING ANY SERVICES OR COMPONENTS OF THE PRIZE(S) TO WINNERS AND/OR THEIR GUESTS, OR FOR ANY RESULTING INJURIES, INCLUDING MONEY DAMAGES, COSTS AND EXPENSES, PROPERTY DAMAGES, PERSONAL INJURIES OR DEATH RESULTING THEREFROM.
- LEGAL WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN INDIVIDUAL, WHETHER OR NOT AN ENTRANT, TO DAMAGE, DESTROY, TAMPER OR VANDALIZE THIS WEB SITE OR INTERFERE WITH THE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST, IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND DILIGENTLY PURSUE ALL REMEDIES AGAINST ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- GOVERNING LAW AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules or the rights and obligations of entrants, Sponsor or the Released Parties in connection with the Contest will be governed by and construed in accordance with the internal laws of the State of Michigan, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other laws.
BY ENTERING THE CONTEST, ENTRANT AGREES THAT TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW: (A) ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THE CONTEST, OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED, WILL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION; (B) ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND AWARDS WILL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL THIRD-PARTY, OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED (IF ANY) NOT TO EXCEED TEN DOLLARS ($10.00), BUT IN NO EVENT WILL ATTORNEYS’ FEES BE AWARDED OR RECOVERABLE; (C) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ANY ENTRANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN ANY AWARD FOR, AND ENTRANT HEREBY KNOWINGLY AND EXPRESSLY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO SEEK, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS AND/OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES, OTHER THAN ACTUAL OUT OF POCKET EXPENSES NOT TO EXCEED TEN DOLLARS ($10.00), AND/OR ANY RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED; AND (D) ENTRANTS’ REMEDIES ARE LIMITED TO A CLAIM FOR MONEY DAMAGES (IF ANY) AND ENTRANT IRREVOCABLY WAIVES ANY RIGHT TO SEEK INJUNCTIVE OR EQUITABLE RELIEF. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
- DISPUTES: The parties hereto each agree to finally settle all disputes only through arbitration; provided, however, the Released Parties shall be entitled to seek injunctive or equitable relief in the state and federal courts in Oakland County, MI and any other court with jurisdiction over the parties. In arbitration, there is no judge or jury and review is limited. The arbitrator’s decision and award is final and binding, with limited exceptions, and judgment on the award may be entered in any court with jurisdiction. The parties agree that, except as set forth above, any claim, suit, action or proceeding arising out of or relating to this Contest shall be resolved solely by binding arbitration before a sole arbitrator under the streamlined Arbitration Rules Procedures of JAMS Inc. (“JAMS”) or any successor to JAMS. In the event JAMS is unwilling or unable to set a hearing date within fourteen (14) days of the filing of a “Demand for Arbitration”, then either party can elect to have the arbitration administered by the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”) or any other mutually agreeable arbitration administration service. If an in-person hearing is required, then it will take place in Auburn Hills, MI. The federal or state law that applies to these Official Rules will also apply during the arbitration. Disputes will be arbitrated only on an individual basis and will not be consolidated with any other proceedings that involve any claims or controversy of another party, including any class actions; provided, however, if for any reason any court or arbitrator holds that this restriction is unconscionable or unenforceable, then the agreement to arbitrate doesn’t apply and the dispute must be brought in a court of competent jurisdiction in Auburn Hills, MI. Sponsor agrees to pay the administrative and arbitrator’s fees in order to conduct the arbitration (but specifically excluding any travel or other costs of entrant to attend the arbitration hearing). Either party may, notwithstanding this provision, bring qualifying claims in small claims court.
- OFFICIAL RULES REQUEST: For a copy of the Official Rules, see www.TheNextJeepEasterEgg.com or send a self-addressed, stamped envelope by July 27, 2020, to: The JEEP Easter Egg Contest Official Rules Request, PO Box 25466, Rochester, NY 14625-0466.
- WINNER CONFIRMATION REQUEST: For a written confirmation of the winner (available after 07/27/20), send a stamped, self-addressed envelope (no later than 08/24/20), to: The Jeep Easter Egg Contest Winner Confirmation Request, PO Box 25466, Rochester, NY 14625-0466.
- SPONSOR: FCA US LLC, 1000 Chrysler Drive, Auburn Hills, MI 48326.
- CONTEST ADMINISTRATOR: US Sweepstakes & Fulfillment Company, 625 Panorama Trail, Suite 2100, Rochester, NY 14625. 1-800-620-6044
Void outside the US, in Puerto Rico, Guam, the U.S. Virgin Islands and wherever else prohibited by law.
Jeep is a registered trademark of FCA US LLC.